Sedation EEG Instructions
Please report to the Patient Services Desk in the main lobby of the hospital. You will want to allow plenty of time for traffic and parking. If you arrive late, your child's appointment may need to be rescheduled.
If your child has been scheduled for a sedation appointment, the following instructions should be followed:
- Do not allow your child to eat or drink the morning of your appointment.
- Breast milk can be given up to 3 hours before the test.
- The medication works best when your child is already tired. Children should have no more than 4 hours of sleep the night before the test.
- Please bring any item that will help your child relax, for example a favorite stuffed toy, blanket, VHS/DVD, pacifier, etc.
- Bring your child's medication history and a list of medications he/she is taking.
- If your child takes morning medication, please give the medication, Please have your child's hair clean and dry. Do not use conditioners, gels, etc.