Angina Center of Evansville Offers EECP Clinic
Ohio Valley HeartCare offers Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP®) therapy. EECP is an outpatient procedure for people suffering from angina pectoris, the most common symptom of coronary artery disease.
Through inflatable cuffs placed on a patient's calves, thighs and buttocks, EECP is designed to stimulate the opening of new blood vessel branches around narrowed or blocked arteries for angina patients who have proven unresponsive to, or are unable to sustain, other angina treatment regimens, such as medications, angioplasty and bypass surgery procedures.
After EECP treatment, many patients:
- Have fewer angina attacks
- Have less painful angina episodes
- Need less medication
- Can walk farther, carry heavier packages and be more active without having angina
- Can return to work and more easily resume daily activities
- Feel more confident about participating in their social lives and exercising without interference from angina