Personal Birth Consultant
Terry Cooper, RN
Personal Birth Consultant
Personal Birth Consultant in Evansville, IN
There’s a lot to think about before you arrive at the hospital for your delivery but rest assured that St. Mary’s Hospital for Women & Children is here to help. In fact, we have a special member of our staff who is dedicated solely to helping you prepare for the birth of your little one – your Personal Birth Consultant.
Meet Your Birth Consultant - From Pregnancy to Parenthood
At St. Mary’s, we want to help you explore the questions you have about your healthcare and birthing needs. The more we understand your values and concerns, the better we can anticipate your needs and help provide a positive birth experience.
As your Personal Birth Consultant, Terry Cooper will guide you from the first days after you find out you’re expecting, continuing throughout your pregnancy into delivery and beyond. Terry is a registered nurse with special training in pregnancy, labor and delivery, baby care and breastfeeding -- and is your key for information and resources.
She can help coordinate any special care you need along the way and connect you with services you may need like lactation consultation or sibling classes.
Terry Cooper, our personal birth consultant, is a Registered Nurse with special expertise and knowledge about pregnancy, labor and delivery, baby care and breastfeeding. She can assist you with any questions you may have about your birthing experience - from finding a doctor, to signing up for classes, pre-registering for your hospital stay or taking a tour. She offers support, empathy and understanding during this very special time in your life.
Your Birth Consultant is readily available to:
- Provide education to help you make informed decisions about your pregnancy and birthing experience
- Guide you on a tour of the hospital
- Assist with hospital services and paperwork, including pre-registration, that might be needed during your pregnancy, hospital stay and return home
- Schedule you for prenatal, breastfeeding, and infant care classes
- Coordinate any special needs you have during your stay including lactation consultation
- Assuring your birth experience is just what you and your family expects
- Install your infant and children car seats - Terry is a certified child passenger safety instructor and can also answer your car seat questions
Learn More About St. Mary's Birth Consultant Service
Already pregnant or thinking about it? Contact Terry, your Personal Birth Consultant, at (812) 485-6016 or send her an email to schedule an appointment. She can answer any questions you may have about preparations for this special time in your life.
Find out more about all of our comprehensive women's services.